Please add #UNSWPCPATTERNS to the description of your submission
Some Tips and Hints from Our Judges
1. A good and strong photograph usually does not need a title or caption to ‘tell’ us what’s going on in the photograph.
2. Think about what you want to convey in the photo. Take into consideration the composition and framing of your photo.
3. Think about the various techniques you can use, such as playing with lighting or textures.
4. Think outside of the box. This month’s theme allows you to be creative and push the boundaries.
We want to see you submit a photo(s) which reflects our monthly challenges. We will judge entries based not only on this criteria, but also on other photographic components.
Only have a phone? No Problem!
We don’t care what device you use. Know its limitations and work within the confines.
About the UNSW PhotoClub Challenges
At PhotoClub we FOCUS on improving our members’ photography. Our challenges aim to do that by DEVELOPING your abilities. It’s also an opportunity to get some good EXPOSURE. And if that’s not incentive enough, we do have prizes for our weekly winners. So why not take a SHOT at this month’s challenge?
Challenge Details and FAQ’s
How do I submit a photograph?
IMPORTANT: You submit photos directly into our Facebook sharing group.
Please add #UNSWPCPATTERNS to the TOP of your description.
Don’t include the gear or camera settings you used in the description.
Started on the 15th of September 2016
Deadline is the 11th of October 2016 at 23:59*
Date of Announcement: 14th of October 2016
* Photos after the deadline are welcome but will not be judged.
How many photos can I submit?
Preferably: 1, Maximum: 2
We prefer it if you submit 1 photograph. But we understand that sometimes you can’t chose between a few so we will let you upload a maximum of 2 per challenge.
Am I allowed to post-process photos?
Yes. Feel free to enhance photos and apply minimal improvements (sharpness, colours etc.). No heavy photo manipulation will be allowed.
Can I submit old photographs?
We prefer to see what PhotoClub has taught you, but it’s up to you.
As long as a photo or a close derivative has not appeared in any other competition including our very own photo book or a previous challenge, you may submit it. And the photo has to be yours of course.
ONLY 2016 PHOTOCLUB MEMBERS CAN WIN.
However, all are welcome to submit.
The UNSW PhotoClub Challenges Team
Prizes sponsored by George’s Cameras and Charing Cross Photo
The Challenge Creation Team:
- Eileen T
- Talk to us at Friday’s tutorial or the weekend outing about the current challenge.
The Judging Team:
- Talk to us at Friday’s tutorial with your photograph for feedback and advice