Saturday, 20th August 2011
(10AM – 3PM)
You can sign up in a few different ways:
*If you and three friends have a team – Awesome! Make sure everyone in your team registers with the same name, so we know you are together.
*If you don’t have a team – Don’t worry! You will be allocated a team by 6PM on Saturday, 13th August. This gives you a chance to meet your team members at our Friday tutorial!
*If you register without a team, but then find one – Please update us with your new team name by emailing us at email@example.com. Also, don’t forget to let us know who else is in your team.
Rules and Regulations
- Participants must be members of the UNSWPhotoClub** (Find out how to sign up)
- Members wishing to participate must register before the 12th of Aug.
- Due to the nature of the event, only Digital photographs will be judged. No Film.
- Memory cards used on the day must be empty and are subject to be checked by the Club to ensure there is no cheating.
- Being a Race, a sense of urgency and competition is encouraged, but of course sensibility and safety are a priority.
- Members have to submit to being tracked or receive calls from executives to update them on their positions and statuses.
- Pictures taken on the day have to be submitted at the last Pit stop. – In other words there will be no allowance for post processing.
- To speed up the judging process,
- We will only be receiving the best photos selected by the teams.
- The club will only accept JPEG files, no RAW sorry!
- The club will provide SD card and CF card readers for transferring submissions to the club execs’ laptops. If members are using a camera that does not use any of these memory storage forms; i.e. Camera phones, members are expected to provide their own cables
- Teams will be disqualified or awarded demerits if they are discovered to be cheating. This may include, but is not limited to:
- submitting photos taken before the start of the race
- attempting to skip checkpoints
- completing the checkpoints in the wrong order
- taking excessive amounts of time to reach the next checkpoint.
- Photos will be judged after the event by the whole committee and Prizes will be given out in the subsequent weeks.
- Prizes worth $300 will go out to the team which arrives first, and the team with the best photos.
Each winning team member will receive a prize!