Saturday, 20th August 2011
(10AM – 3PM)
The PhotoDASH! Is a photo marathon that takes place over 5 hours starting from 10AM. Members, in teams of 4 will hunt around the Kensington campus and parts of the Eastern Suburbs to capture the best photos, following clues and themes given to them by the Club at various checkpoints throughout the area and more importantly, have fun!
Photographers of all levels are welcomed to participate– Amateurs to Professionals, Phone cameras to DSLR’s.
How to sign up?
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
If you have already registered, you will be informed of your teams in the next few days. Stay tuned!
You can sign up in a few different ways:
*If you and three friends have a team – Awesome! Make sure everyone in your team registers with the same name, so we know you are together.
*If you don’t have a team – Don’t worry! You will be allocated a team by 6PM on Saturday, 13th August. This gives you a chance to meet your team members at our Friday tutorial!
*If you register without a team, but then find one – Please update us with your new team name by emailing us at email@example.com. Also, don’t forget to let us know who else is in your team.
Rules and Regulations
- Participants must be members of the UNSWPhotoClub** (Find out how to sign up)
- Members wishing to participate must register before the 12th of Aug.
- Due to the nature of the event, only Digital photographs will be judged. No Film.
- Memory cards used on the day must be empty and are subject to be checked by the Club to ensure there is no cheating.
- Being a Race, a sense of urgency and competition is encouraged, but of course sensibility and safety are a priority.
- Members have to submit to being tracked or receive calls from executives to update them on their positions and statuses.
- Pictures taken on the day have to be submitted at the last Pit stop. – In other words there will be no allowance for post processing.
- To speed up the judging process,
- We will only be receiving the best photos selected by the teams.
- The club will only accept JPEG files, no RAW sorry!
- The club will provide SD card and CF card readers for transferring submissions to the club execs’ laptops. If members are using a camera that does not use any of these memory storage forms; i.e. Camera phones, members are expected to provide their own cables
- Teams will be disqualified or awarded demerits if they are discovered to be cheating. This may include, but is not limited to:
- submitting photos taken before the start of the race
- attempting to skip checkpoints
- completing the checkpoints in the wrong order
- taking excessive amounts of time to reach the next checkpoint.
- Photos will be judged after the event by the whole committee and Prizes will be given out in the subsequent weeks.
- Prizes worth $300 will go out to the team which arrives first, and the team with the best photos.
Each winning team member will receive a prize!
We’ve got a few tricks hidden up our sleeves to ensure everyone is going to have a fun day!So what are you waiting for? Register now for a fun-filled photography day and don’t forget to RSVP to the Event on Facebook!For further information, or any questions, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you ASAP!UNSW PhotoClub Events Team
Pingback:Week 4: Lighting Theory + Glebe Tram Sheds