The following are conditions that must be met for an entry to qualify for the competition:
– Entrants must be a current member of the UNSW Photoclub
– Each entrant is entitled to 1 submission only for each Theme of the Month
– All entries must be relevant for the Theme of the Month
– All entries must not consist of any profanity, pornographic content, or be disrespectful to any race or religion
– Entrants must be the author and sole owner of all submissions
– All entries must not have been entered into previous or other competitions
– Entries must be taken within the duration of the competition, or up one year prior.
– Entrants retain all rights to their entries, but must understand that images submitted to the competition can be used by UNSWPhotoClub for marketing/promotional purposes of the UNSW Photoclub
- Entries will not be used by or handed over to any third parties outside the Photoclub, unless they are within the above stated purposes.
Submission Requirements: Images must be of reasonable resolution, preferably with the following approximate dimensions:
- 8″ x 12″ or at 2400 x 3600 pixels equivalent, at 300DPI
If this is not possible, a submission of lower resolution is acceptable, though if the submission is chosen as the winner, we will contact the entrant for a higher resolution image.
Submission Procedure: Entries must be sent to [email protected], with the title of “Entry for Monthly Competition”, and the email must include the following:
– Full Name
– Student Number
– Membership Number
– Mobile Number
– Theme of Entry (Theme for that Month)
– Portfolio Link, if applicable
Image files must be titled in the following manner: “Membership number – Name”
For example “2011PC000 – UNSW Photoclub.jpg”
Submissions must reach the Photoclub by midnight of the last day of each month. Entries received after submissions have closed will not be valid for the competition.
The Judging for the competition is the UNSW Photoclub Executive Committee.
– The committee has the final say on all winners, and any disqualifications that may occur in the duration of the competition
Winners will be announced via email, as well as on the UNSW Photoclub website and Facebook pages
– Winners will be announced one week after the closing of submissions.
– The winning entry for each month may be included into the annual Photobook for 2011.
- Name of Photographer and Portfolio link (if provided) will be published along with the selected photo
– Prizes can either be collected during the first tutorial of the next month, or at another specifically arranged time with the winner.
The prize for the competition is $50 worth of vouchers from our sponsor Georges, with the winner image being included into the Photoclub’s annual Photobook at the end of the year.
– UNSW Photoclub reserves the right to change the prizes at any time, if there are valid reasons to do so.
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO ANY OF THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS* WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE COMPETITION
*The UNSW Photoclub reserves the right to change the terms and conditions if necessary.