Our biggest annual competition is returning once again in 2021, and entries are NOW OPEN!
The 12th Annual PhotoBook celebrates the wonderful photos you guys have taken this year!
CLOSING DATE: 23:59 Sunday, 26th September 2021 (Deadline Extended)
Check out the winners of each category from previous years in the links below!
2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020
Submitting your photos not only gives you the chance to showcase your great work but also places you in the running for awesome prizes if you manage to win a category; the person who submits the most stunning photo will be crowned UNSW PhotoClub’s Photographer of the Year!
Entries are FREE for current UNSW PhotoClub members however this year we’re also opening the competition to non-members! Non-members can fill in this form here and participate. However ONLY a UNSW PhotoClub member can win the Photographer of the Year Prize (anyone can win the Category prizes though!)
More than $700 worth of prizes up for grabs!
A max of 2 photos can be submitted per category listed below, with a total maximum of 7.
Without further ado, the Seven Categories are:
1. Portraiture & People
This category includes Fashion!
2. Landscapes & Architecture
Including Cityscapes and Nightscapes
3. Nature & Animals
Flora and Fauna of all kinds
4. Abstract & Artistic
Includes Conceptual & Still Life
One colour, different shades, many possibilities!
6. Photojournalism, Street & Events
Sports, Fireworks, Performance and the Arts
7. Mobile Photography
Let your imagination go wild, as long as the photos you take are from a mobile (obviously!)
*Black-and-white photos can be submitted to Monochrome or other relevant Categories
- One Photographer of the year: Prize of Samsung T5 500GB Portable SSD (Blue)
- Seven Category prizes (including Photographer of the Year Prize)
- Selected submissions included in the PhotoBook
Category prizes this year include:
- Rode VideoMicro + Photoclub hoodie/T-Shirt
- Peak Design Leash- Ash + Photoclub hoodie/T-Shirt
- SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB UHS-I SD Card + 11″x16″ Charing Cross Print
- SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB MicroSD Card + 11″x16″ Charing Cross Print
- Panasonic Eneloop Pro NiMH AA Batteries 4 Pack + 11″x16″ Charing Cross Print + Photoclub Hoodie/T-Shirt
- Kodak 35mm Ultramax 400 Colour Negative Film 3 Pack + 11″x16″ Charing Cross Print + Photoclub Hoodie/T-Shirt
Please read the attached terms and conditions before submitting to make sure you don’t get disqualified! There are changes to submissions this year so please read them carefully.
We look forward to seeing all of your submissions!