The following are conditions that must be met for an entry to qualify for the Monthly Competitions.
- Entrants must be a current member of the UNSW PhotoClub
- Each entrant is entitled to a total of two submissions for the competition.
- You can submit less than two.
- All entries must not consist of any profanity, pornographic content, or be disrespectful to any race or religion
- Entrants must be the author and sole owner of all submissions
- All entries must not have been entered into previous or other competitions
- There are no formal time limits for when entries were taken
- Entrants retain all rights to their entries, but must understand that images submitted to the competition can be used by UNSWPhotoClub for marketing/promotional purposes of the UNSW PhotoClub – Entries will not be used by or handed over to any third parties outside the PhotoClub, unless they are within the above stated purposes.
Submission Requirements: Each Image must be of the following approximate dimensions:
- Images must also not have any added framing, borders, watermarks, words, or captions within it, or it may be disqualified. – The title of entries and photographer details are to be submitted separately in the email as per the following instructions in the submission procedures.
- General photo editing is allowed, but complete photo manipulation is not. – Basic editing of colour, contrast, vignetting, black and white conversion, general correction via content aware, etc. are allowed, but not wholescale replacement or inclusion of elements in a photo. Major manipulation of colours or added special effects are also generally not encouraged.
- If the image is chosen as the winner or runner-up, UNSW PhotoClub will then request for the full resolution image that is suitable for printing if needed. – If the above image dimensions are too large for email attachment, you may make an appointment with an executive member and submit via thumb drive.
- All competition entries must be received by the date set in the competition announcement email.
- Submissions are to be posted onto the Facebook group “UNSW Photoclub Photo Sharing/Advice!!” (https://www.facebook.com/groups/229115660559676/permalink/645934875544417/?comment_id=651902371614334&reply_comment_id=651904158280822). Those without a facebook account may negotiate alternative entry with a UNSW PhotoClub committee member.
- Submissions must include the relevant hashtag detailed in the email notification. The hashtag must appear at the top of the description on the submission.
- The description or comments field must not contain the gear used or camera settings. A title or brief description of the photograph is permitted.
- The 2016 competition creators are Rebecca Zhou and William Yeung.
- The competition creators are required to come up with the theme of each monthly competition.
- Competition creators are not permitted to submit to the competition.
- The 2016 competition judges are Damien Ching, Charlotte Beloe and Benjamin Lou-Wong.
- The judging team are not permitted to submit to the competition.
- The judging team has the final say on all winners, and any disqualifications that may occur in the duration of the competition
- All entries are independently judged against a defined set of criteria that takes into account the subject matter, techique, execution and overall quality of the photograph.
- The competition is judged solely by the judging team. Submitting members of the executive team do not have any influence in the judging process.
- The competition shall have one winner and one runner-up.
- Winners will be announced via email, as well as on the UNSW PhotoClub Facebook page
- Winners will be announced after the deadline announced in the email.
- Prizes are to be determined by the UNSW PhotoClub executive committee and are subject to change.
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO ANY OF THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS* WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE COMPETITION