See below the table for a summary of our events and competitions!
|Week||Tutorial||Free Food & Drinks||Outing||Workshop(s)|
|1||Still Life/Product||Yes! - BBQ||Watsons Bay||-|
|3||Social||Cockatoo Island||A, B|
|4||Motion Photography (Guest Speaker)||Yes!||Tricksoc Collab (TBC)||B, C|
|5||Good Friday||-||Easter||C, D|
|6||Landscape||Yes!||Bradley's Head to Chowder Bay||On Demand|
|7||Macro||Bare Island||On Demand|
|8||Architecture & PhotoShop||Yes!||Lavendar Bay to Blues Point||On Demand|
|9||Social (Skyzone)||-||-||On Demand|
|10||DIY||Yes!||Head On Photo Festival||On Demand|
|11||Mobile & Travel||-||On Demand|
*Sign-Up (free) required
Note: This calendar is subject to change at any time (e.g. due to varying uni timetables). At this point, events beyond week 6 are particularly tentative. Check event details to confirm location. Last updated 19.2.18.
PHOTOCLUB EVENT OPTIONS
Every semester Friday @ 4PM at uni (location TBC). We hold a range of tutorials based on themes such as those in the calendar above. Please bring your camera as there will generally be an opportunity to experiment! These events aim to make you aware of new opportunities, teach you new techniques and of course…have fun. And don’t forget the free pizza and drinks (alcoholic and soft) roughly every second week!
Almost every weekend during semester PhotoClub conducts PhotoWalks around Sydney to hone tutorial and workshop skills. They are great mediums for new and diverse photographic subjects. There will generally be an objective on outings and the best photos will be featured on our Insta – yes we will give you a shout out for free!
These are focused on base-level photography skills. There are 4 workshops:
- A – Exposure: How to balance aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
- B – Focus: How to get perfect focus!
- C – Composition: How to turn nice photos into great ones!
- D – Digital Darkroom: How to post process photos in LightRoom.
We hold short RoadTrips (generally 2 nights and 3 days) during the mid year and end of year holidays, to adventure into new landscapes with a group of like-minded photography and travel enthusiasts. Past trips have been Jervis Bay, Melbourne, Port Stephens, Canberra, Blue Mountains, Kiama and more!
Like prizes and competition? Well we’ve got you covered! With hundreds of dollars worth of prizes you don’t want to miss out!
- Each week we post your photos with #unswphoto for the chance to be featured in our tutorial and to get a shout out on Insta and Facebook!
- Themed competitions that run for approximately a month with prizes of prints and the chance to be featured in an upcoming exhibition.
- Annual PhotoBook – with several categories to enter, your photo(s) could be featured in our printed PhotoBook along with the chance to win prints, get featured in our exhibition and/or receive prizes such as tripods, camera bags and more. See here for last year’s winners.