Date: Friday 15th August 2014
Location: Chemical Science m17
Yes, it’s come to that time of the year again, where you members will vote for the future of the PhotoClub. As such, we are opening up the nominations for positions. The PhotoClub’s AGM will be held on Friday, 15th August 2014. After the AGM, we will be having beer and pizza.
- Constitution changes
- One Vice President instead of two.
- Vice President must be in the exec team for at least 6 months.
- Renaming Financial Officer to Treasurer.
Please RSVP here via Facebook
Each member of the manangement team has an important role to play, so before you send in a nomination, here are some pointers to consider:
- Why do you want to be in the (position) of management team of the PhotoClub?
- What is your aim for the PhotoClub?
- How do you think you can contribute to the continued development of the PhotoClub?
- Are you able to attend at least 80% of Executive Meetings, PhotoClub Tutorials and/or Outings?
- Are you able to commit time to the PhotoClub beyond the above stated requirements, while balancing your study/work schedule?
The positions in the 2013/2014 executive team include:
- President (Greg Jacobson)
To lead the club, ensuring it functions effectively and fostering the personal development of the members of the management team. Presidential nominees will need to have been an executive of the UNSW PhotoClub for at least 12 months prior to nomination
- Vice President x 2 (Kevin Lee & Prugya Maini)
To assist the President and oversee all executives and is responsible for all the day-to-day operations within the club
- Secretary (Adithya Hatle)
To be responsible for receiving and replying to all correspondence on behalf of the club
To keep relevant club papers, meeting minutes and other documentation in order
- Financial Officer (Jiefei Wang)
To keep and maintain all club financial records and manage the application of Arc grants
To be aware of the Arc funding system, it’s requirements and its possibilities for the club. Nominees will need to have been an executive of the UNSW PhotoClub for at least 12 months prior to nomination, or have at least 12 months experience as Financial Officer for another Arc-affiliated club.
- ARC Officer (Winnie Pung)
To liaise with the Arc and the club’s Management Team
- Marketing Manager (Lawrence Duong)
To be responsible for receiving and replying to all correspondence pertaining to marketing on behalf of the club
To maintain relations with current sponsors and members and further develop sponsorship opportunities
- Event Manager (Jason Hong)
To be responsible for coordinating all events organised by the club
To maintain relations with past guest speakers and explore options for future guest speakers
- Communications Manager (Kathryn Chin)
To be responsible to the club’s website and its social media accounts.
In addition to the core management team, a number of General Executives will also be appointed. So if you are unsure about commiting to a senior position but still keen to help out, you might want to volunteer for these executive roles.
Interested in running? Please email us at email@example.com your full name, membership number, and position(s) you wish to run for. You may nominate yourself or another member. If you have questions, do also send us an email.
You are also required to oblige by the PhotoClub Constitution. Read it HERE