Winter is here and once again, PhotoClub is teaming up with UNSW! This time, we are looking for your best photos of winter on campus.
While cold and dark are associated with winter, the season also brings out colours like white and grey.
Whether it’s the dormant trees on the Main Walkway, the cool interior colours or the white-as-snow Jasper the Samoyed playing on Library Lawn, be sure to FREEZE the moments that capture winter on campus!
Prizes are plentiful!
1. $200 Georges Gift Card
2. $100 Georges Gift Card
3. Charing Cross Print
rewards also include shout-outs on UNSW’s Insta account!
Please add #UNSWPCWINTERCAMPUS to the description of your submission
Some Tips and Hints from Our Judges
- A good and strong photograph usually does not need a title or caption to ‘tell’ us what’s going on. Think about what you want to convey – take into consideration the composition and framing of your photo.2. Think about the various techniques you can use, such as playing with lighting or textures.
3. Think outside of the box. This month’s theme allows you to be creative and push the boundaries.
Only have a phone? No Problem!
We don’t care what device you use. Know its limitations and work within the confines.
About the UNSW PhotoClub Challenges
At PhotoClub we FOCUS on improving our members’ photography. Our challenges aim to do that by DEVELOPING your abilities. It’s also an opportunity to get some good EXPOSURE. And if that’s not incentive enough, we do have prizes for our winners. So why not take a SHOT for this month’s challenge?
Challenge Details and FAQ’s
How do I submit a photograph?
1. You first submit photos directly into our Facebook group: UNSW PhotoClub 2019 (Please add #UNSWPCWINTERCAMPUS to the TOP of your posts in our Facebook Group.)
2. AND then by email to email@example.com (subject: WINTER_zID) – please include your insta handle in the email.
Deadline is the 30th of June at 23:59*
* Photos after the deadline are welcome but will not be judged.
How many photos can I submit?
Sometimes you can’t chose between a few so you can upload a maximum of 2 per challenge.
Am I allowed to post-process photos?
Yes. Feel free to enhance photos and apply minimal improvements (sharpness, colours etc.). No heavy photo manipulation will be allowed.
Can I submit old photographs?
We prefer to see what PhotoClub has taught you, but it’s up to you! As long as a photo or a close derivative has not appeared in any other competition including our very own PhotoBook or a previous challenge, you may submit it. And the photo has to be yours of course. Please DON’T include any watermarks.
Photo Usage Conditions
UNSW and PhotoClub have the right to use any photograph submissions at any point for marketing or other purposes including but not limited to social media and print publications. Don’t worry, all your work will of course be credited…and who knows, you may even win a prize!
ONLY 2019 PHOTOCLUB MEMBERS CAN WIN.
However, all are welcome to submit.
The UNSW PhotoClub Challenge Teams
Prizes sponsored by our partners: UNSW, Georges and Charing Cross!
Shoot us a message or reply to this email if you have any questions about the current challenge! And then afterwards feel free to have a chat to us with your photograph for feedback and advice!
We want to see you submit a photo(s) which reflects our themed challenges. We will judge entries based not only on this criteria, but also on other photographic components.
The judging panel will try to be as fair and independent as possible when judging all entries. It is a condition of entry into the competition that all participants accept the final outcome.