The following are conditions that must be met for an entry to qualify for the competition and Photobook:
- Entrants must be a current member of the UNSW Photoclub
- Each entrant is entitled to a total of 6 submissions for the competition. These six can be of any combination, for any of the six given categories
- Some examples: you may submit one entry each for the six categories, or four in a category and two in another, or six in one category.Six is the maximum number of entries per member. Additional submissions will not be entertained.You can submit less than six.
- All entries must be relevant for its chosen category - If the executive committee has reasons to believe that a photo is not in the correct category, it may: 1) choose to shift an entry into a different category; 2) Ask the entrant to resubmit; 3) Disqualify the entry. However, it is the entrant’s responsibility to submit their photos to the correct categories. Entrants may ask the committee, if they are unsure, before submission.
- All entries must not consist of any profanity, pornographic content, or be disrespectful to any race or religion
- Entrants must be the author and sole owner of all submissions
- All entries must not have been entered into previous or other competitions
- There are no formal time limits for when entries were taken
- Entrants retain all rights to their entries, but must understand that images submitted to the competition can be used by UNSWPhotoClub for marketing/promotional purposes of the UNSW Photoclub - Entries will not be used by or handed over to any third parties outside the Photoclub, unless they are within the above stated purposes.
Submission Requirements: Each Image must be of the following approximate dimensions:
- 8″ x 12″ or at 2400 x 3600 pixels or equivalent, at 300DPI
- Images must also not have any added framing, borders, watermarks, words, or captions within it, or it may be disqualified. - The title of entries and photographer details are to be submitted separately in the email as per the following instructions in the submission procedures.
- General photo editing is allowed, but complete photo manipulation is not. - Basic editing of colour, contrast, vignetting, general correction via content aware, etc. are allowed, but not wholescale replacement or inclusion of elements in a photo. Major manipulation of colours or added special effects are also generally not encouraged.
- If the image is chosen for the Photobook, the UNSW Photoclub will then request for the full resolution image that is suitable for printing if needed. - If the above image dimensions are too large for email attachment, you may make an appointment with an executive member and submit via thumb drive.
- By default, submissions are to be made to Renny (Secretary). Otherwise, you may ask any committee member with regards to submitting your entries
Submission Procedure: Entries must be sent to email@example.com , with the title of “Entry for Annual Photobook Competition 2012”, and the email (or emails) must include the following:
- Full Name
- Student Number
- Membership Number
- Mobile Number
- Categories and Titles for each of your entries
- Portfolio Link, if applicable
- Titles and portfolio links will be included in the Photobook alongside entries that are chosen for inclusion.
- Your entries may be rejected if you do not include any of the above details.
- Submissions must reach the Photoclub by 11.59PM, Saturday, 21 July 2012. Entries received after submissions have closed will not be valid for the competition
- Questions about any of the above can be sent to the Photoclub email or the Photobook competition Facebook page.
- The Judging for the competition is the UNSW Photoclub Executive Committee.
- The committee has the final say on all winners, inclusions into the Photobook, and any disqualifications that may occur in the duration of the competition
- Winners will be announced via email, as well as on the UNSW Photoclub website and Facebook page
- Winners will be announced in Week 4 or Week 5, semester 2
- There are a total of 7 winning positions, as follows
- One UNSW Photoclub Photographer of the Year
- Six Category winners, one for each of the categories
- Shortlisted entries from all categories will also be included into the Photobook
- Name of Photographer, title of photo and Portfolio link (if provided) will be published along with the selected photos
- One Photographer of the year prize worth up to $200 and a copy of the 2012 Photobook
- Six Category prizes worth up to $100 each
- Selected submissions included in the Photobook
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO ANY OF THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS* WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE COMPETITION
*The UNSW Photoclub reserves the right to change the terms and conditions if deemed necessary. It is also the responsibility of members to read and stay updated with all rules.
- The completed Photobook will be available for purchase to members once the competition has ended and photos selected.
- The price and date of availability of a Photobook will be released at a later date, once compilation, design and editing are completed.
- All profits (if there are any) will go towards funding further Photoclub activities