The following are conditions that must be met for an entry to qualify for the competition and Photobook:
- Entrants must be a current member of the UNSW Photoclub
- Each entrant is entitled to a total of 6 submissions for the competition. These six can be of any combination, for any of the six given categories
Some examples: you may submit one entry each for the six categories, or four in a category and two in another, or six in one category.
Six is the maximum number of entries per member. Additional submissions will not be entertained. You can submit less than six.
- All entries must be relevant for its chosen category
If the executive committee has reasons to believe that a photo is not in the correct category, it may: 1) choose to shift an entry into a different category; 2) Ask the entrant to resubmit; 3) Disqualify the entry.
However, it is the entrant’s responsibility to submit their photos to the correct categories. Entrants may ask the committee, if they are unsure, before submission.
- All entries must not consist of any profanity, pornographic content, or be disrespectful to any race or religion
- Entrants must be the author and sole owner of all submissions
- All entries must not have been entered into previous or other competitions
- There are no formal time limits for when entries were taken
- Entrants retain all rights to their entries, but must understand that images submitted to the competition can be used by UNSWPhotoClub for marketing/promotional purposes of the UNSW Photoclub
Entries will not be used by or handed over to any third parties outside the Photoclub, unless they are within the above stated purposes.
Submission Requirements: Each Image must be of the following approximate dimensions:
- 8″ x 12″ or at 2400 x 3600 pixels or equivalent, at 300DPI
- Images must also not have any added framing, borders, watermarks, words, or captions within it, or it may be disqualified.
The title of entries and photographer details are to be submitted separately in the email as per the following instructions in the submission procedures.
- General photo editing is allowed, but complete photo manipulation is not.
Basic editing of colour, contrast, vignetting, general correction via content aware, etc. are allowed, but not wholescale replacement or inclusion of elements in a photo. Major manipulation of colours or added special effects are also generally not encouraged.
- If the image is chosen for the Photobook, the UNSW Photoclub will then request for the full resolution image that is suitable for printing if needed.
If the above image dimensions are too large for email attachment, you may make an appointment with an executive member and submit via thumbdrive.
- By default, submissions are to be made to Renny (VP). Otherwise, you may ask any committee member with regards to submitting your entries
Submission Procedure: Entries must be sent to email@example.com , with the title of “Entry for Annual Photobook Competition 2011”, and the email (or emails) must include the following:
- Full Name
- Student Number
- Membership Number
- Mobile Number
- Categories and Titles for each of your entries
- Portfolio Link, if applicable
- Titles and portfolio links will be included in the Photobook alongside entries that are chosen for inclusion.
Your entries may be rejected if you do not include any of the above details.
- Submissions must reach the Photoclub by midnight, Monday, 15th August 2011. Entries received after submissions have closed will not be valid for the competition.
- Questions about any of the above can be sent to the Photoclub email or the Photobook competition Facebook page.
The Judging for the competition is the UNSW Photoclub Executive Committee.
- The committee has the final say on all winners, inclusions into the Photobook, and any disqualifications that may occur in the duration of the competition
Winners will be announced via email, as well as on the UNSW Photoclub website and Facebook pages
- Winners will be announced on Friday, 26th August 2011
- There are a total of 7 winning positions, as follow:
- One UNSW Photoclub Photographer of the Year
- Six Category winners, one for each of the categories
- Shortlisted entries from all categories will also be included into the Photobook
- Name of Photographer, title of photo and Portfolio link (if provided) will be published along with the selected photos
- One Photographer of the year prize worth up to $200 and a copy of the 2011 Photobook
- Six Category prizes worth up to $100 each
- Selected submissions included in the Photobook
FAILURE TO ADHERE TO ANY OF THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS* WILL RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE COMPETITION
*The UNSW Photoclub reserves the right to change the terms and conditions if deemed necessary. It is also the responsibility of members to read and stay updated with all rules.
The completed Photobook will be available for purchase to members once the competition has ended and photos selected.
- The price and date of availability of a Photobook will be released at a later date, once compilation, design and editing are completed.
- All profits (if there are any) will go towards funding further Photoclub activities